7th International Conference on Marine Bioprospecting BIOPROSP_15, 18-20th February 2015 Tromsø, Norway
BIOPROSP_15 will focus on the possibilities and challenges in industrial development of novel marine bioactive compounds and biomass.
There will be 4 sessions at BIOPROSP_15
- Marine bio banks as a valuable tool for the bioeconomy
- Boosting marine innovation through biotechnology
- The untapped resources of the marine world
- Bioactive compounds
FOLLOWING KEYNOTE SPEAKERS HAVE ALREADY CONFIRMED THEIR PARTICIPATION:
Dr. William Gerwick from Scripps Institution of Oceanography will be giving the opening talk at BIOPROSP_15. Read more about Dr. William Gerwick here.
Professor Marcel Jaspars from Marine Biodiscovery Centre, University of Aberdeen will deliver a closing talk at BIOPROSP_15. More about Professor Jaspars here.
Geoff Burton, Adjunct Senior Fellow at United Nations University Insitute of Advanced Studies will be a keynote speaker for BIOPROSP_15 Session 1 on Marine biodiversity/Access to and regulations of marine genetic resources. Want to find out more about Geoff Burton? Check his LinkedIn profile.
- One of Europe's top conferences in marine bioprospecting
- Themed program of speakers from science and industry
- International, with more than 30 nationalities represented
- Multidisciplinary, with participants from biotech and pharmaceutical industry, scientists, medicine, cosmetics, public support system, decision-makers
- Networking opportunities, with 300 researchers, industry representatives, entrepreneurs
- Pre-conference workshops, hands-on exprience in more intimate atmosphere
- PhD course in bioprospecting at UiT - The Arctic University of Tromsø
- Scholarships offered to 10 PhD students covering conference fee, hotel, final dinner
- Delegates are invited to present posters within each session, and a number of poster presenters will be selected for short oral presentations of their poster.
- Poster session, with poster prize competition
- Rich social activities program, from dog sledging through Northern Lights watching to music & dancing evenings
- Located in the incredible surroundings of Northern Norway, during the Northern Lights peak visibility season